All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWaste heat from thermal power generation and waste minerals from domestic sewage are polluting rivers and coastal waters. It would thus be an important step forward if these pollutants could be made productive in aquaculture. The proposal to call a meeting of experts on Waste Heat and Nutrient-Loaded Efflu- ents in Aquaculture came from Dr. Ole Devik. His proposal was accepted and sponsored by the Special Program Panel on Eco-Sciences, a subsidiary body of the NATO Science Committee. NATO has extensive programs in the scientific and environmental fields, and I would like to take this opportunity to give you a short outline of these programs. Collaboration and consultation between member countries of the Alliance have been of major concern to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization ever since it was established. In the mid-fifties a serious attempt was made to imple- ment the collaboration in nmilitary fields, and a report* from a committee of foreign ministers-Lester B. Pearson (Canada), Gaeta Marti (Italy), and Halvard Lange (Norway)-named scientific and techlogical cooperation as especially important. As a consequence of this report, a position as science adviser to the secretary-general of NATO (later changed to Assistant Secretary- General for Scientific and Environmental Affairs) and a science committee composed of one highly qualified scientist from each of the member countries of the Alliance was established in 1958.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byO. Devik
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.