All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA vel that isn't; a vel that is the rambling of a man exhibiting the symptoms of a hashish haze. That's what we have. We also have an opportunity to dig into an individual's psyche and view all its quirks. The human mind, it's a fertile area of action that isn't real. What does that mean? Sometimes, the action hero is merely the neurotic sitting alone analyzing every idea and movement. That's what we have in our story. Here's a short excerpt: .. ..Looking at myself in the mirror, eying the face. Ugly looking bastard, at least to me. Like to be alone and view the sight in the mirror. Backwards I can go, eying, making faces, grabbing my se, twisting it, looking for the hidden reality. Is this vain? Is this boredom? Why do I do this? Why do I do anything. I want to impress others with my looks. I want to be ticed. I want women to whisper how attractive I am, how they want to possess and cherish me. I want to be raised on a pedestal because of my appearance. That's why the mirror is my friend; that's why I am the mirror. Inventing, why was it invented? So monkeys like us could eye and concentrate the exterior. Eying ourselves in pictures, videos, the obsession we don't ever discuss. Eying with the eye, the eye created by who for what purpose? The eye, catching the sights but the sounds, catching the overall but t the particular. I'm sick of it, sick of people, sick of people and their mirrors.
- Author BiographyElias Sassoon is the author of published novels, short story collections, and non-fiction. These include: Brothers of the Four Corners; Sassoon's Sketches; Headhunter's On Parade; Hero Bountiful; Jewish Days; Some Arab Souls Dripping; Pig's Court America; Record of Mutilation; Sassoon's Friends; Sassoon's Sketches For A Saturday Afternoon, The Sassoon Society; Costume Parade; The Brilliant Idiot's Club; Tales Of The Syrian Night; Tales Of Modern Judea; Oriental Cover-up; The American God: A*NOVEL*Tale; Menopausal Musings & Other Stories; Sassoon's Heart Beatings (poetry collection); An Individual's Dream (Philosophy); 13 Months of Sassoon, A Diary of Time (non-fiction diary); Sassoon On The Art Of Creative Writing; The Diary Of An Unemployed Gentleman (non-fiction). His credits also include published articles on Middle Eastern subjects. Mr. Sassoon has a Masters Degree in Islamic Studies from McGill University in Montreal.
- Author(s)Elias Sassoon
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.