All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguments based in doctrine and scripture over the inclusion of homosexual people within Christian congregations and sacraments have done little to persuade the faithful on either side of this debate. Hate is the Sin: Putting Faces on the Debate over Human Sexuality approaches this divisive subject through portraits of the faith of gay and lesbian persons, presents both sides of the controversy, revealing how preformed opinions shape widely divergent interpretations of biblical and theological issues. Included are the true stories of Mary Albing, serving as a pastor while in a lesbian relationship; Jay Wiesner, whose congregation defied the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America by ordaining and installing him in an Extraordinary Candidacy Project ceremony; David Glesne, who sought to heal relationships with gays and lesbians and yet deny them ordination and cohabitation; and other accounts of the ways that many congregations have struggled to welcome homosexual people and to realize the Christian message within their own churches. Hate is the Sin: Putting Faces on the Debate over Human Sexuality is an insightful and detailed account of this contemporary debate and required reading for any person hoping to understand Christianity and the spiritual lives of contemporary Christian people.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Munday has a Master of Theology Degree from Princeton Theological Seminary (1988). He is also a lawyer, having a Juris Doctor of Law Degree from DePaul University (1967). He has written Justice For Marlys: A Family's Twenty-Year Search for a Killer, published by the University of Minnesota Press (2004, paper 2006) about an equally compelling subject-the murder of his stepdaughter Marlys by a serial killer. Westminster/John Knox Press published his first book, Surviving The Death of a Child, in 1995 and his last book, Overcoming Grief: Joining and Participating in Bereavement Support Groups was published in June 2005, by ACTA Publishing Co. of Chicago.
- Author(s)John S. Munday
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.