All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStanley Hauerwas is one of the most important and robustly creative theologians of our time, and his work is well kwn and much admired. But Nicholas Healy - himself an admirer of Hauerwas's thought - believes that it has t yet been subjected to the kind of sustained critical analysis that is warranted by such a significant and influential Christian thinker. As someone interested in the broader systematic-theological implications of Hauerwas's work, Healy fills that gap in Hauerwas: A (Very) Critical Introduction. After a general introduction to Hauerwas's work, Healy examines three main areas of his thought: his method, his social theory, and his theology. According to Healy, Hauerwas's overriding concern for ethics and church-based apologetics so dominates his thinking that he systematically distorts Christian doctrine. Healy illustrates what he sees as the deficiencies of Hauerwas's theology and argues that it needs substantial revision.
- Author BiographyNicholas M. Healy is professor of theology and religious studies at St. John's University, Jamaica, New York. His other books are Church, World and the Christian Life: Practical-Prophetic Ecclesiology and Thomas Aquinas: Theologian of the Christian Life.
- Author(s)Nicholas M. Healy
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleInterventions
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight231 g
- Width240 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.