All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the rifles, canns and bugles fall silent, when the losses have been counted and the mourners are gone, the ghosts of war return. Drawing on the Civil War, the War of 1812, the Revolutionary War and other conflicts, storyteller Dan Asfar weaves tales of phantom soldiers, supernatural interventions and star-crossed lovers, capturing both the drama of battle and the enduring mystery of the afterlife: Glowing blue orbs and phantom drumbeats shock visitors to Antietam National Battlefield, the scene of severe Civil War casualties; The Angel of Mons descends from the heavens to spare thousands of British troops from a German assault during World War One; The ghostly soldiers of Camp Hill -- a phantom Civil War procession -- startle travellers near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia; In a fascinating tale of divided loyalties, a woman's love affair with a Confederate soldier brings a curse on her staunchly pro-Union family; At Little Bighorn, supernatural remnants of the infamous slaughter bewilder a Vietnam veteran. As sites of suffering and incomparable sacrifice, battlefields remain poignant reminders of our most haunting history.
- Author BiographyHistorian and scriptwriter Dan Asfar brings the ghost stories to vivid life with his lively writing.
- Author(s)Dan Asfar
- PublisherGhost House Publishing
- Date of Publication13/04/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGhost House Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.