All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe British Isles must be amongst the most spectrally populous parts of the world, and this book is a must for anyone with an interest in Britain and Ireland's bloody and bizarre history. From the ghostly legionaries that tramp the long-buried streets of Roman york to the malevolent fairy lights of Derbyshire's Longdendale which are said to have lured pilots to their deaths, Britain and Ireland abound with tortured phantoms eager to restage their dark and turbulent past. Rewned ghost-seeker Richard Jones reveals, explains and delights in the histories of the ranks of dismembered, decapitated spectres of bility and commoners alike that inhabit the stately homes and blasted heaths of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Richard Jones's authoritative and entertaining regional guide to haunted sites is handsomely illustrated with some of the most famous and infamous ghostly photographs, and is supported by extracts from original documents.
- Author BiographyOwner of the London tour company 'Discovery Walks', Richard Jones has a passion for all things haunted and spooky. He is also the author of the highly successful Walking Haunted London (New Holland, 1999). He lives in South Woodford, East London.
- Author(s)Richard Jones
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/03/2007
- Content Note180 colour and b&w illustrations, further reading, index
- Weight1045 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.