Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionBury St Edmunds and the surrounding area are places of deep spiritual significance both within East Anglia and in Great Britain as a whole and a belief in ghosts are aspects of this deeper pattern. This book is based on spooky stories based on life-long traditions which have been handed down from earlier generations. Belief in the power of God and St Edmund still has a strong resonance in the town and reverberates across time into the twenty-first century. Against this backdrop, Bury St Edmunds may be considered a haunted area both metaphorically and literally and the book gives a comprehensive summary of the spectral residents of the town and its environs, preserving a permanent record of eerie experiences and beliefs.
- Author BiographyThis book from the haunted series marks the events of the 70th anniversary of the death of Montague Rhodes James, a famous author of ghost stories. A graduate from King's College Cambridge, Montague Rhodes James wrote some of Englands's most famous ghost stories. Alan Murdie, the author, also wrote Haunted Brighton published in July 2006.
- Author(s)Alan Murdie
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleHaunted Britain S.
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 160
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.