All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYuji Wakiya's impressive creative talent in serving authentic Chinese recipes and ingredients has revolutionized the perception of Chinese cuisine. He has taken food that has been too often seen as a take-out staple steeped in artificial additives and given it layers of delicate, subtle flavour and a sophisticated and elegant touch, resulting in what can only be called Haute Chinese Cuisine . Wakiya's unique style - as it is captured in this book - comes from the combination of his deep kwledge of Chinese food and culture, and the Japanese aesthetic for an always stylish, yet refined presentation. Commentary and information on each recipe and its ingredients is supported by additional material: ranging from the medicinal properties of certain ingredients, to making elaborate stocks and sauces from scratch and reconstituting dried Chinese ingredients.Over seventy dishes are beautifully presented in this cookbook, each reflecting Wakiya's creativity and originality. Like other Chinese cookbook before it, Haute Chinese Cuisine from the Kitchen of Wakiya is a dramatic treat for sophisticated eyes and palates and the intellectually curious. This is a ground-breaking book featuring the elaborate recipes & stunning images of Haute Chinese cuisine. It presents the fascinating history, traditions and culture of Chinese cuisine, as well as detailed instructions on how to prepare the dishes. It includes the origins behind Wakiya's signature plates, based on Shanghai cuisine, which is kwn for its use of healthy ingredients. It also includes food additives - only the most creative ingredients used. It features forewords by internationally rewned chefs David Bouley and Nobu Matsuhisa.
- Author BiographyYuji Wakiya was born in Japan, started his career as a cook in Chinese cuisine at the age of fifteen under a Chinese chef, and became an executive chef at Turandot in Pan Pacific Hotel, Yokohama in 1995. Since then he has opened his own successful restaurants in Tokyo and New York. Photographer Masashi Kuma was nominated for a James Beard Award for his photography in the Kodansha published Kaiseiki: The Exquisite Cuisine of Kyoto's Kikunoi Restaurant.
- Author(s)Yuji Wakiya
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintKodansha International Ltd
- Content Note1
- Weight1281 g
- Width236 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Photographs byMasashi Kuma
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.81
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.02
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.48
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $32.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.