All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen first published in 2001, Have Not Been The Same became the first book to comprehensively document the rise of Canadian underground rock from 1985 to 1995. 10 years on, the 650-page book is still regarded by critics and musicians as the definitive history of the era. To mark this milestone, the authors have updated many key areas of the book through new interviews, further illuminating the ongoing influence of this generation of artists.
- Author BiographyMichael Barclay is a musician and sings on Arcade Fire's album Funeral. He blogs at Radio Free Canuckistan and has written for a variety of Canadian newspapers and magazines, including CBC.ca, Exclaim!, Eye Weekly, Magnet, and Maclean's, where he currently works. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. Ian A. D. Jack is a teacher and songwriter. He records and performs with the Loft Party and Headpets. He lives in Port Hope, Ontario. Jason Schneider is a writer whose work can regularly be seen in Exclaim! He has been a contributor to the Globe & Mail, the Toronto Star, and many other publications. He is the author of 3,000 Miles and Whispering Pines. He lives in Waterloo, Ontario. Gordon Downie is a Canadian rock musician and a writer. He is the lead singer and lyricist for the Canadian rock band the Tragically Hip. He lives in Kingston, Ontario.
- Author(s)Ian Andrew Dylan Jack,Jason Schneider,Michael Barclay
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1308 g
- Width171 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine45 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.