All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHawsmoor at Home should be covered in fingerprints and splashes of food, as it's a great hands-on book to use every day . (Heston Blumenthal). 'When we started out we had a simple plan - to open the best steak restaurant in London. We travelled the world searching for the perfect steak, but discovered that beef from traditional breeds, reared the old-fashioned way right here in Britain, and cooked simply over real charcoal, packed more flavour than anything we tried on our travels'. The critics have hailed Hawksmoor as one of the great restaurant openings of recent years. Their credo is simple: the best ingredients - dictionary-thick steaks from Longhorn cattle traditionally reared in North Yorkshire by multi-award-winners The Ginger Pig , dry-aged for at least thirty-five days, simply cooked on a real charcoal grill. Their cocktails, wines and desserts too have been applauded to the echo. Hawksmoor at Home is a practical cookbook which shows you how to buy and cook great steak and seafood and indeed much else (including how to cook the both the 'best burger in Britain' and the 'best roast beef in Britain'); how to mix terrific cocktails and choose wine to accompany your meal. Above all Hawksmoor at Home entertains and informs in the inimitable 'Hawksmoor' way.
- Author BiographyFiona Beckett is an award-winning food and drink writer, one of the UK's leading experts on food and drink matching, wine columnist for the Guardian and the author of twenty-two books on food and wine. In 2002 she was voted Food Journalist of the Year by the British Guild of Food Writers and was a runner-up in the Best Drink Writer category in the 2007 Glenfiddich awards. She is currently a contributing editor to the wine magazine Decanter and to the artisanal magazine Fork. (www.the2fionas.com/fiona-beckett). Richard Turner is head chef at Hawksmoor. He has worked at Pharmacy, Quo Vadis, The Restaurant Marco Pierre White, The Canteen and Le Gavroche. Will Beckett and Huw Gott are owners and co-founders of Hawksmoor. Dan Lepard's photographs have appeared in Vogue, Tatler, the Guardian and the Telegraph, and Made in Italy the Glenfiddich award-winning book on chef Giorgio Locatelli.
- Author(s)Huw Gott,Richard Turner,Will Beckett
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPreface Publishing
- Weight1565 g
- Width216 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byDan Lepard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.