All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaymaker tells the story of an isolated Michigan town that becomes the flash-point for some of the principal ideological debates of our day. When a libertarian organization selects the town as its flagship community, hundreds of its members migrate and settle within the town's borders. The resulting clash with local townspeople is violent and impassioned, even as the line that divides the two sides increasingly blurs. This witty and politically charged story follows characters on both sides of the line. It is a story about the failure of best intentions and the personal freedom of individuals to do good or do harm.
- Author BiographyAdam Schuitema is associate professor of English at Kendall College of Art and Design and lives in Grand Rapids, MI. He is the author of the short story collection Freshwater Boys.
- Author(s)Adam Schuitema
- PublisherNorthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDekalb, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthern Illinois University Press
- Content Note1 illustration
- Weight454 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.