All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLyrical beauty and power, imposing metaphor, and thought both deep and precise are hallmarks of Kelly Cherry's poetry, on view in Hazard and Prospect: New and Selected Poems. With a dazzling mastery and range of tone, technique, form, and ideas, Cherry presents a lifetime of powerful writing that coheres into a single, seamless work. In it she responds to the natural world, to philosophical dilemmas, to spiritual longing, to political, ethical, and aesthetic questions, and, most powerfully, to love and loss. She shows us in sometimes searing poems where the hazards lie, and in transcendent verse a new, bright prospect, a green place on a farm in Virginia where time slows and holds and happiness abides.
- Author BiographyKelly Cherry is the author of seventeen books of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction (criticism, memoir, and essay), including the poetry collections God's Loud Hand, Death and Transfiguration, and Rising Venus. Eudora Welty Professor Emerita of English and Evjue-Bascom Professor Emerita in the Humanities at the University of Wisconsin--Madison, she lives with her husband on a small farm in Virginia.
- Author(s)Kelly Cherry
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight399 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.