All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of a bestseller, Hazardous Materials Chemistry for Emergency Responders continues to provide the fundamentals of street chemistry required by emergency response personnel. Emergency response and hazmat expert Robert Burke takes the basics of chemistry appropriate for response personnel and puts it into understandable terms. The author has retained the style and format that made the previous editions so popular while updating the information to keep the book relevant. See What's in the Third Edition: * Expanded section on Ethal and its hazards to responders * Update of NFPA 472 Chemistry requirements * Revised section on hazmat elements with more hazards and response issues * Includes a focus on the importance of the hazmat elements of chemical families * New incident examples * New photographs and graphics The chapters are organized by the nine U.S. Department of Transportation's hazard classes. Almost every hazardous material presents more than one hazard; the DOT's placarding and labeling system only identifies the most severe hazards. Therefore, the book provides additional information about hidden hazards for each hazard class. It discusses individual chemicals, their hazards and their physical and chemical characteristics, both as distinct chemicals and within chemical families. The book offers a concise presentation of the topics of most importance to emergency responders on a day-to-day basis. It provides the basic chemistry a responder needs to understand chemical termilogy and communicate with others about the chemicals involved in hazardous materials incidents.
- Author BiographyRobert A Burke is a Fire Marshal Hazardous Materials Technician at the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Robert Burke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note498 black & white illustrations
- Weight1133 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.