Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Old Testament is filled with intriguing characters, stories and themes. But preaching from its remote historical context wrapped in sometimes unfamiliar literary genres and narrative devices can be daunting.Based on the conviction that the Old Testament texts are a vital and dynamic part of the Christian can and pertinent to Christian practice, this stimulating volume offers guidance for expository preaching and practical suggestions for understanding the message of its diverse literature.The chapters cover narrative, plot, characters, genre and preaching from difficult texts. The book concludes with a vital chapter on preaching Christ from the Old Testament, which offers a theological account of biblical interpretation without unnaturally forcing the texts.The contributors are internationally respected evangelical Old Testament scholars, from a wide range of church traditions and global regions, who are also active in preaching: Daniel I. Block, David G. Firth, Grenville J. R. Kent, Paul J. Kissling, Alison Lo, Tremper Longman III, Ernest C. Lucas, R. W. L. Moberly, Laurence A. Turner, Frederico G. Villanueva, Gordon Wenham, H. G. M. Williamson and Christopher J. H. Wright.Here is a book that will help you use all of the Bible's rich resources in preaching the good news of the global kindgom of God.
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGrenville J. R. Kent,Laurence A. Turner,Paul J. Kissling
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.