All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaybe you've written some simple SQL queries to interact with databases. But w you want more, you want to really dig into those databases and work with your data. Head First SQL will show you the fundamentals of SQL and how to really take advantage of it. Is your data dragging you down? Are your tables all tangled up? Well we've got the tools to teach you just how to wrangle your databases into submission. Using the latest research in neurobiology, cognitive science, and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory SQL learning experience, Head First SQL has a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, t a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.Maybe you've written some simple SQL queries to interact with databases. But w you want more, you want to really dig into those databases and work with your data. Head First SQL will show you the fundamentals of SQL and how to really take advantage of it. We'll take you on a journey through the language, from basic INSERT statements and SELECT queries to hardcore database manipulation with indices, joins, and transactions. We all kw Data is Power - but we'll show you how to have Power over your Data . Expect to have fun, expect to learn, and expect to be querying, rmalizing, and joining your data like a pro by the time you're finished reading!
- Author BiographyLynn Beighley is a freelance web programmer and designer who began working on her Masters in Computer Science while working at the Naval Research Laboratory. On the side, she created and ran a number of web sites for fun, which led to her to open a company and write a series of Flash, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop books and training CDs. She's worked at Los Alamos National Labs, Palm and Yahoo! Inc. While at Yahoo! she worked on dynamic Flash advertisements on the front page.
- Author(s)Lynn Beighley
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/09/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1102 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.