CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionAshish Bose, the man who coined this much-discussed term, is the pioneer of demographic studies in the country. In Headcount, the demographer sets the record straight on BIMARU, and in the process, presents his unique view of modern India. In his inimitable engaging style, Bose, who was born in 1930, paints a vivid portrait of a life well-lived - from his childhood in Kolhapur, then a princely state, to his encounters with three generations of the Nehru-Gandhi family and his recollections of the darkest days of Indian democracy: the Emergency. Filled with little kwn facts and insights into the people and events that have shaped independent India, this is a deeply compassionate and readable memoir by one of the most important social scientists of modern India.
- Author(s)Ashish Bose
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
- Out-of-print date17/07/2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.