Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsk yourself when you last stood at the school gate wondering, with other 'perplexed of parent-ville', at the machinations grinding the wheels of your child's school. List the times you waxed lyrical while participating in a playground spleen-venting-fest. Call to mind how you indulged in spurious rage with friends after an OFSTED inspection resulted in an inexplicable judgement. Remember the frustration at the seemingly endless process of 'letting a teacher go' while your child suffered day after day of inadequate teaching.How many of us kw the answers...the real answers, which fundamentally affect us all and, more importantly, profoundly affect the lives of our children?This behind the scenes journey will engage, amuse and enlighten in ways you won't find with fly on the wall documentaries. Maggie George's very personal memoir answers the FAQs posed by parents...but rarely answered!
- Author BiographyMaggie George, published poet and author, was born in Totterdown, Bristol, during the early post-war years. Totterdown wasn't a misnomer. It reflected the neighbourhood. Now it celebrates the vibrant multicultural niche it inhabits.South Bristol was a children's paradise then. Unrestrained by today's Health & Safety extremes, Maggie ran as wild as the environment invited, pock-marked as it was by bombsites.Encouraged by hard-working parents, Maggie and her brothers absorbed the foundations of their work ethic. Everyone worked hard, everyone had aspirations for themselves, and for their children.Maggie was educated at an inner-city Catholic primary school where she thrived. Her academic success meant she continued her education in a prestigious Catholic Girls' school in Bristol. Her unique humour was her saviour...she was no scholar, having barely scraped a pass in the Eleven Plus.After two years working in the grime of Bristol's then Employment Exchange, her much-loved father suggested the course of her future career. She studied at a Catholic Girls' college, on the outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne, and became a teacher.Forty years and three headships later, Maggie enjoys the freedom of writing, travel and, most of all, the constant surprises of her growing family.
- Author(s)Maggie George
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.