All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis book assesses the continued ability of the United States to leave a better world for the next generation, and to keep serving the promise of the American dream. The author tes the built-in features of the human body to heal and recover from daily fatigue, physical wounds, emotional trauma, and illnesses, and we make use of these natural features everyday without even thinking or kwing about it. These processes of natural healing, the lifeline of human existence, depend on three basic facts. First, the bodily organs must remain healthy to perform specific functions in order to sustain a rmal quality of life; second, we must remain educated about the rules that keep the bodily organs healthy and functional; and third, we must have the discipline to obey these rules to protect against self-inflicted damage. These three basic facts about the on-going healing process in our own bodies are instructive in identifying the basic factors that are necessary to heal a nation. Simply put, a nation cant continue its journey on the path of human progress if its people are t Healthy, Educated, And Lawful. In fact, these interrelated basic factors address the essence of human existence in a free, prosperous, and civilized society. The book will focus on the founding principles of the United States and take a candid look at current facts to answer three questions: Are we healthy? Are we educated? Are we lawful? Let us see how we fare. President George Washington warned us against the baneful effects of the spirit of party and said, A fire t to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume. Are we paying attention to his warning?
- Author BiographyThe author has a graduate degree in engineering with international work experience in the application of information technology in the oil and manufacturing industries, as well as higher education institutions. He has worked at the University of Houston for the last ten years and currently serves as Director in the Information Technology Department. He is married with four children.
- Author(s)Haseen Mazhar
- Date of Publication21/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.