All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we help heal children who have been abused or neglected? Healing Child Trauma Through Restorative Parenting details how children can be helped to recover with the use of Restorative Parenting, an invative model informed by psychological and neurological understanding of trauma and its effects. It explains the critical role that people, relationships and the environment play in a child's recovery. It shows what constitutes a therapeutic environment, whereby a child experiences therapy t as one-to-one sessions but as a lived experience. The authors show how other components of the model - building therapeutic relationships, promoting positive education and encouraging clinically informed life style choices - are intimately linked, each critical to the re-parenting which the child undergoes. This book will be welcomed by professionals working with children, including those in residential, health and foster care, psychology, education and health, as well as those commissioning services. The models, concepts and practices are transferable to public, private and charitable agencies.
- Author BiographyDr Chris Robinson is a clinical psychologist at Halliwell Homes. He provides ongoing consultation on the recovery of every child placed on the Halliwell recovery programme. He has extensive experience working in CAMHS, social services liaison, learning disability and latterly family and private law. Terry Philpot is a writer and journalist who has edited or written 15 books on social care from sex offending to the children's services. His latest books are 31 London Cemeteries to Visit Before You Die (2012) and Beside the Seaside: Brighton's People and Its Places (2015).
- Author(s)Chris Robinson,Terry Philpot
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byAndrew Constable,Karen Mitchell-Mellor
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.