All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for those working to heal developmental trauma and seeking new tools for self-awareness and growth, this book focuses on conflicts surrounding the capacity for connection. Explaining that an impaired capacity for connection to self and to others and the ensuing diminished aliveness are the hidden dimensions that underlie most psychological and many physiological problems, clinicians Laurence Heller and Aline LaPierre introduce the NeuroAffective Relational Model(r) (NARM), a unified approach to developmental, attachment, and shock trauma that, while t igring a person s past, emphasizes working in the present moment. NARM is a somatically based psychotherapy that helps bring into awareness the parts of self that are disorganized and dysfunctional without making the regressed, dysfunctional elements the primary theme of the therapy. It emphasizes a person s strengths, capacities, resources, and resiliency and is a powerful tool for working with both nervous system regulation and distortions of identity such as low self-esteem, shame, and chronic self-judgment.
- Author BiographyLaurence Heller, PhD, is the originator of the NeuroAffective Relational Model(c), a unified approach to developmental, attachment, and shock trauma. He co-founded the Gestalt Institute of Denver and is a senior faculty member for the Somatic Experiencing Training Institute. Aline LaPierre, PsyD, is an adjunct faculty member in the somatic doctoral program at Santa Barbara Graduate Institute. Trained as a psychoanalyst and as a hands-on somatic psychotherapist, she has been in private practice in Los Angeles for more than 25 years.
- Author(s)Aline LaPierre,Laurence Heller
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.