Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou must kw by w-since you've heard it at least a million times since kindergarten-that eating too much junk food and other poor quality, empty-calorie foods, will make you look and feel lousy and ruin your health. And you also kw that eating a balanced diet will help keep you healthy and looking good. But did you kw that there are foods that actually heal? Harassed by hay fever? Try garlic or onions, or if you prefer something sweet, try papaya or pineapple. Bugged by dermatitis? Broccoli and kale can stop the itch, so can salmon and tuna. For earaches you might try ginger, walnuts, onions, or papaya. And chili peppers are great for relieving the symptoms of bronchitis. The delicious way to better health, Healing Foods For Dummies puts the treat back in treatment. Packed with shopping tips, cooking tricks, and more than 60 scrumptious recipes, this bountiful guide shows you how to: *Harness the healing power of ordinary foods *Kw which foods to avoid for specific problems *Help reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart attack *Relieve the symptoms of common ailments *Fight off fatigue and improve your mood *Get your family eating right Guided by crack nutritionist and bestselling author of nutritional guides and award-winning cookbooks, Molly Siple, you'll discover hundreds of healing foods and the vitamins, minerals and therapeutic phytochemicals they contain. From alfalfa to zucchini, she describes an array of best nutritional remedies, and she supplies: *Easy-to-follow instructions on how to shop for healthy, good tasting foods *A Symptom Guide-simple and easy nutritional remedies for more than 80 common conditions, listed alphabetically by symptom *An A-to-Z guide to 100 healing foods available at your neighborhood supermarket *More than 60 recipes for easy-to-prepare healing appetizers, beverages, breads, breakfasts, condiments and seasonings, dairy foods, desserts, and more This friendly, caring, and accessible introduction to the world of healing foods medicine is a fun, fact-filled resource for anyone looking for a safe, easy-to-use alternative, or supplement, to conventional medicine, and who looks forward to a long, healthy life.
- Author BiographyMolly Siple has a Master of Science in Nutritional Science and is also a registered dietitian. Her other books include two on female health, co-authored with Lisa DeAngelis, SOS for PMS, and Recipes for Change: Gourmet Wholefood Cooking for Health and Vitality at Menopause, a Julia Child Cookbook Awards nominee. She is an Advisory Board Member for the Oregon Menopause Network. Molly is also a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and founded and managed a corporate catering business in New York City. She lectures on nutrition and is a nutrition consultant to food companies. She lives in Los Angeles. Her Web site is www.wellwoman.com.
- Author(s)Molly Siple
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/1999
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.