All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorried about the nexus between stress and disease? Your kw you've got to relax - but how? Stopping at the gym for an hour workout after work is t realistic. Prescription drugs and risk getting hooked ? You should mediation - but how when you can't calm down! Authors Mark Estren, a Pulitzer-winning journalist who writes about medical and health, and self-help author, Docpotter show how emotional self-talk - like shoulding - sets off the stress response and how chronic stress can harm your health. More importantly, Estren and Potter offer a fresh, fun-filled approach to toning down stress, while having more fun.* Healing Hormones explains how to turn on natural chemicals - such as by dancing, running, snuggling, laughing, eating chocolate - to reduce stress and improve quality of your life. Anxious about a coming encounter? Snuggle your dog, while focusing on the experience, right before meeting tells your brain to produce oxytocin, which soothes anxiety and facilitates socializing. No pet to snuggle? Watch a funny movie instead. Make sure to laugh hard to stimulates your body to produce natural morphine-like calming chemicals, called endorphins, and you may ace the encounter! *Anticipating laughing and fun stimulates endorphin production! Go ahead: Laugh!
- Author BiographyMark J. Estren, Ph.D., is a nationally known journalist and Pulitzer winner and was named one of the People to Watch by Fortune magazine. Dr. Estren is a regular contributor to The Washington Post, and Bottom Line. He lives in Ft. Myers, FL. Beverly A. Potter, Ph.D,, received her doctorate from Stanford University. Preferring Docpotter , her work blends philosophies of humanistic psychology, social learning theory and Eastern philosophies to create inspiring and original ways of handling difficulties encountered in today's stressful world. She is the author of several self-help books, including Overcoming Job Burnout: How to Renew Enthusiasm for Work and The Worrywart's Companion: 21 Ways to Soothe Yourself and Worry Smart. Her offices are in Oakland, CA.
- Author(s)Beverly A. Potter,Mark James Estren
- PublisherRonin Publishing
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRonin Publishing
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout, Charts, Tables
- Weight214 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.