All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry Faibish studied under Egon von Neindorff, Nu Oliveira and Hans Reigler and has worked in Europe and the USA at highly prestigious stud farms, training centres and competition yards. While he has vast experience of working with horses of different breeds and types in all stages of their development, his chief love is helping to rehabilitate horses who have been disadvantaged, mentally or physically, by inadequate or inappropriate handling. In Healing Horses the Classical Way , he explains why riding and training rooted in the classical tradition is the only sure way to prevent such problems developing and how, if they are inherited from previous handlers, it can remedy serious and ingrained problems. These ideas are illustrated by a number of detailed case histories from the author's own work. The case histories are supported by a brief autobiography and a section in which the author reiterates ideas and practices which lie at the foundation of classical riding. Healing Horses the Classical Way will be of great value to those involved in remedial training. It also highlights the dangers inherent in 'quick-fixes' and provides valuable guidance for all who wish to train their horses along correct, progressive lines.
- Author BiographyBorn in Bucharest and raised in Israel, Harry Faibish has worked all over the world, including a year at Karlsruhe with Egon von Neindorff, in Austria for Hans Reigler and in Portugal where he took lessons with Nuno Oliveira. Subsequently, Harry has worked at various establishments in England, Wales, Ireland, the USA and Israel, training horses, teaching riders and giving lecture/demonstrations at which he emphasizes classical principles and their role in the rehabilitation of damaged horses.
- Author(s)Harry Chaim Faibish
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (some col.)
- Weight960 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.