All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has been written from years of experience in working with and teaching massage and seeks to provide practical information on using massage to treat a range of medical conditions. Massage has been used for thousands of years to treat a whole array of conditions and was traditionally passed down through families as part of everyday life. With the increase in modern medicine two things have happened; : firstly the power of massage has been largely forgotten, and secondly, with the increase of a litigious culture, it has been politicisedpoliticized and people have become scared to touch for fear of litigation. This book seeks to both educate and empower two groups of people; : the qualified massage practitioner wanting a ready reference book for unfamiliar conditions, and every day people wanting to help a friend or family member who is dealing with a health problem. While in many cases individuals will feel happier going to see a qualified practitioner, there may be times when for reasons of finance, life circumstances, or simply client choice, that this is t possible, and it is perfectly fine to use massage in the home.
- Author BiographyMaureen Abson is a fully qualified and experienced teacher with 25 years teaching experience, from high security prison teaching to running massage training and training secondary classroom teachers. Maureen is passionate about high quality teaching and learning. Alongside her traditional Anatomy and Physiology training she has also studied structural anatomy with Gil Hedley through his human dissection programme. Maureen teaches in the North of England where she runs a very busy clinic as well as running courses in Scotland, New Zealand, Spain and throughout the world to meet demand.
- Author(s)Maureen Abson
- PublisherLotus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLotus Publishing
- Content Note120 colour photographs and drawings
- Width212 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.