All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNavigating the challenging journey that families and friends of Alzheimer's patients must endure, this heartfelt guide reveals how their struggle is as complex and drawn out as the illness itself. Confronting their natural but difficult process of grieving and mourning, the study covers the inevitable feelings of shock, sadness, anger, guilt, and relief, illustrating the initial reactions people commonly feel from the moment of the dementia's onset. Healthy and productive ways to ackwledge and express these feelings are suggested along with 100 tips and activities that fulfil the emotional, spiritual, cognitive, physical, and social needs of those who care about someone afflicted with this debilitating disease. Special consideration is also shown for caregivers, whose grief is often complicated by the demanding physical attention that patients require.
- Author BiographyAlan D. Wolfelt, PhD is a speaker, a grief counselor, and the director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He is the author of The Journey through Grief and Understanding Your Grief and the coauthor of Healing a Child's Heart After Divorce. Kirby J. Duvall, MD is a family physician and an occupational-medicine specialist. He is a faculty member of the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. They are the coauthors of Healing After Job Loss and Healing Your Grieving Body. They both live in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Alan D. Wolfelt,Kirby J. Duvall
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFort Collins
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight186 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.