All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionA compassionate resource for friends, parents, relatives, teachers, volunteers, and caregivers, this series offers suggestions to help the grieving cope with the loss of a loved one. Often people do t kw what to say, or what t to say, to someone they kw who is mourning; this series teaches that the most important thing a person can do is listen, have compassion, be there for support, and do something helpful. This book provides the fundamental principles of companioning a friend, from committing to contact the friend regularly to being mindful of the anniversary of the death. Addressed here is what to expect from different ages of grieving young people, and how to provide safe outlets for children and teens to express emotion. Included in each book are tested, sensitive ideas for 'carpe diem' actions that people can take right this minute -- while still remaining supportive and houring the mourner's loss.
- Author BiographyAlan D Wolfelt PhD, serves as director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He writes the 'Children and Grief' column for Bereavement Magazine and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Larry King Live, and Today. He is the author of Healing Your Grieving Heart, Healing a Teen's Grieving Heart, and Understanding Your Grief. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Alan D. Wolfelt
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFort Collins, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight190 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.