Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionHope for American democracy in an era of deep divisions In Healing the Heart of Democracy, Parker J. Palmer quickens our instinct to seek the common good and gives us the tools to do it. This timely, courageous and practical work intensely personal as well as political is t about them, those people in Washington D.C., or in our state capitals, on whom we blame our political problems. It's about us, We the People, and what we can do in everyday settings like families, neighborhoods, classrooms, congregations and workplaces to resist divide-and-conquer politics and restore a government of the people, by the people, for the people. In the same compelling, inspiring prose that has made him a bestselling author, Palmer explores five habits of the heart that can help us restore democracy's foundations as we nurture them in ourselves and each other: * An understanding that we are all in this together * An appreciation of the value of otherness * An ability to hold tension in life-giving ways * A sense of personal voice and agency * A capacity to create community Healing the Heart of Democracy is an eloquent and empowering call for We the People to reclaim our democracy. The online journal Democracy & Education called it one of the most important books of the early 21st Century. And Publishers Weekly, in a Starred Review, said This beautifully written book deserves a wide audience that will benefit from discussing it.
- Author BiographyParker J. Palmer's writing speaks deeply to people in many walks of life. Author of nine books including the bestsellers The Courage to Teach, Let Your Life Speak, and A Hidden Wholeness Palmer is the founder of the Center for Courage & Renewal. His work has been recognized with ten honorary doctorates and many national awards, including the 2010 William Rainey Harper Award, previously won by Margaret Mead, Paulo Freire, and Elie Wiesel.
- Author(s)Parker J. Palmer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight446 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.