All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe guide for decision makers, a how-to-do-it manual for every nprofit hospital director in America. Our country's health care will be much improved if directors buy and read this book. - Phillip L. Isenberg, of counsel with the firm of Hyde, Miller, Owen & Trost, former California State Assemblyman and author of California's law regulating the sale or joint venturing of nprofit hospitals with for-profits Health Care Alliances and Conversions provides nprofit directors, trustees, and executives with practical advice for understanding the numerous forms of conversions including the most controversial type of transactions - joint ventures with for-profit chains. In concise and n-legal language, the authors explain directors' fiduciary duties in these complex conversion transactions. The book clarifies nprofit directors' and trustees' responsibilities to the communities they serve and offers solid recommendations on how to manage the conversion process without damaging reputations. The authors describe how to create marketing and valuation strategies that will meet the legal standards enforced by government regulators. This book is filled with easy-to-understand charts and tables, providing a summary of the legal duties that apply to these complex transactions.
- Author BiographyJAMES R. SCHWARTZ is deputy attorney general with the California Attorney General's Office. He is the author of the California Attorney General's Review Protocol for Ownership of Control Transfers of Non--Profit Health Facilities and the principal drafter of California's hospital conversion law. Since 1995, Schwartz has had primary responsibility for overseeing all conversions of nonprofit hospitals within the state of California. H. CHESTER HORN is a deputy attorney general in the Charitable Trusts Section of the California Attorney General's office. Horn drafted the regulations implementing California's hospital conversion law and is coauthor of Deal Makers, Deal Breakers. Horn has reviewed more than a dozen hospital conversions valued at more than USD1.5 billion.
- Author(s)H.Chester Horn,James S. J. Schwartz
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/1998
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width161 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.