All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA ground breaking set of case studies about how [health care] coverage decisions are made Robert A. Berenson M.D. Senior Fellow at the Urban Institute, Washington D.C. and former Director of the Center for Health Plans and Providers of the Medicare program Developed countries are facing rapidly rising health care costs and one of the major factors driving health care cost growth is the continual development and diffusion of new, generally more expensive, health care techlogies. This book contains: * A description of the institutions, procedures and criteria used by eight countries for assessing techlogies for public insurance coverage * An analysis of the role of interest groups, and of the public interest, in these decision making processes * An examination of how particular techlogies are treated differently by different countries, and why Based upon research from Australia, Canada, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the United States of America and the United Kingdom, the contributors argue that although each of these countries is committed to evidence-based scientific assessment of techlogies, in fact adoption of techlogies is significantly affected by political considerations, and in particular by the influence of interest groups. Moreover, it offers recommendations as to how techlogy assessment for coverage policy can be improved to serve better the public interest. Health Care Coverage Determinations is essential reading for health policy makers, managers, researchers and students with an interest in health ecomics, health care provision and the politics affecting health care legislation. Contributors: Liliana Bulfone, Tanisha Cari, Peter C. Coyte, Anna Garcia-Altes, Colleen M. Flood, Stefan Gress, Felix Gurtner, Anthony Harris, Timothy Stoltzfus Jost, Eric Nauenberg, Christopher Newdick, Dea Niebuhr, Guillaume Roduit, Heinz Rothgang, Frans F.H. Rutten, Dominique Sprumont, Juergen Wasem.
- Author BiographyTimothy Jost holds the Robert L. Willett Family Professorship of Law at the Washington and Lee University School of Law.
- Author(s)Timothy S. Jost
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleState of Health
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width53 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.