All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow that Ottawa has left health care to the provinces, what is the future for Canadian health care in a decentralized federal context? Is the Canada Health Act dead? Health Care Federalism in Canada provides a multi-perspective, interdisciplinary analysis of a critical juncture in Canadian public policy and the contributing factors which have led to this point. Social scientists, legal scholars, health services researchers, and decision-makers examine the shift from a system where Ottawa has played a significant, sometimes controversial role, to one where provinces have more ability to push health care design in new directions. Will this change inspire invation and collaboration, or inequality and confusion? Providing an up-to-date analysis of health care policy and intergovernmental relations at a crucial time, Health Care Federalism in Canada will be of interest to anyone concerned with the current dynamics and future potential of Canadian health care. Contributors include Greg Marchildon (Canada Research Chair at the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy in Saskatchewan), Ken Boessenkool (public affairs strategist and former political advisor to Stephen Harper), Adrian Levy (Professor and Head, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology at Dalhousie University), Boris Sobolev (Canada Research Chair at the School of Public and Population Health, University of British Columbia), Gail Tomblin Murphy (Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Workforce Planning and Research), and David Haardt (Department of Ecomics, Dalhousie University).
- Author BiographyKatherine Fierlbeck is McCulloch Professor of Political Science at Dalhousie University. William Lahey is associate professor of law at Dalhousie University and a former assistant deputy minister of health in Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Katherine Fierlbeck,William Lahey
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note7 tables
- Weight408 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.