Health Communication: A Multicultural Perspective by Snehendu B. Kar, Rina Alcalay, Shane Alex (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $99.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is based upon a review of available literature and intervention experiences selected from modern and traditional societies. It is augmented by the lessons learned through the editors' experience in teaching courses on health communication and foundation of health behavior in graduate public health programs at several leading universities in the United States and abroad over two decades. Examples and implications are also drawn from extensive involvement in diverse health and health communication projects, such as the on-going community-based public health project in South Central Los Angeles, sponsored by UCLA and the Kellogg Foundation. This particular project is designed to develop health promotion communication interventions from a multicultural perspective and provides unmatched opportunities to focus on the dynamics of a multicultural community as they affect health communication interventions.
- Author BiographyRina Alcalay is an emertis professor of public health sciences at UC Davis. Her research involves the effective communication strategies to prevent depression among populations in transition, such as people who have changed cultures, who have been diagnosed with a chronic disease, or who are aging. Shana Alex Lavarreda is a research scientist at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research. As the Center's director of Health InsuranceStudies, she works with numerous projects, including the State of Health Insurance in California (SHIC) project and the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). The SHIC project acts as a statewide and national resource for health insurance information, creating and disseminating reports, fact sheets, policy briefs and on-demand data estimates. As a member of the cost analysis team with CHBRP, Lavarreda estimates the impact of health insurance benefit mandates pending in the state's legislature. Lavarreda is also an expert on health insurance data from the California Health Interview Survey (CHIS).
- Author(s)Rina Alcalay,Shane Alex,Snehendu B. Kar
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/11/2000
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.