All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOutstanding Academic Title, Choice magazine The health care system in the United States has been called the best in the world. Yet wide health disparities persist between different social groups, and many Americans suffer from poorer health than people in other developed countries. Donald A. Barr's Health Disparities in the United States explores how socioecomic status, race, and ethnicity interact with socioecomic inequality to create and perpetuate these health disparities. Examining the significance of this gulf for the medical community, cultural subsets, and society at large, Barr offers potential policy- and physician-based solutions for reducing health inequity in the long term. This popular course book, which has been fully updated, w incorporates significant new material, including a chapter on the profound effects of inequality on child development, behavioral choices, and adult health status. An essential text for courses in public health, health policy, and sociology, the second edition analyzes the complex web of social forces that influence health outcomes in the United States. This book is a vital teaching tool and a comprehensive reference for social science and medical professionals.
- Author BiographyDonald A. Barr, MD, PhD, is a professor of pediatrics and education at Stanford University. He is the author of Introduction to U.S. Health Policy, third edition, also published by Johns Hopkins.
- Author(s)Donald A. Barr
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note55, 3 black & white halftones, 52 black & white line drawings
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd School edition
- Interest AgeFrom 13
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.