Health Fitness Management: a Comprehensive Resource for Managing and Operating Programs and Facilities by Human Kinetics Publishers (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 14 Mar
- AU $97.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition is a comprehensive resource for the management and operation of health and fitness facilities and programmes. The Introduction provides an overview of the industry. Part I addresses the human resources aspects, including staff recruitment, training, development and compensation and benefits. Topics covered in Part II include member recruitment, retention and profitability, whilst Part III covers financial management and facility maintenance. Evaluation of programmes and future trends in the industry are covered in Part IV. Several chapters from the first edition have been revised and updated and other chapters have been newly written for this edition. This book will prepare the reader for a career in health and fitness facility management and assist the instructor in preparing for meaningful classroom sessions and assessing students' comprehension.This book will primarily be used as a textbook for courses on the topic and as a professional reference by health and fitness facility managers.
- Author BiographyMike Bates is the managing director of Human Kinetics Canada. Bates has worked in a variety of positions in the fitness industry, including sales, front desk, personal training and management. He was recognised as one of the top sales managers for achieving one of the highest retention levels at Good Life Fitness in Canada. Bates is also a lecturer at the University of Windsor, teaching courses in sport management, human resource management and strength and conditioning.
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white halftones
- Weight1297 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMichael Bates
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.