All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last decade, there has been an explosion of academic interest in health inequality. Although it is seldom stated explicitly, research into this area is inexorably tied to questions of morality and ethics. In this study, Yukiko Asada seeks to ackwledge the role that morality and theories of justice play in health inequality research, and to articulate the moral philosophy underlying this field of inquiry. Comprised of two distinct parts, Health Inequality first proposes a framework for measuring health inequality reflecting moral concern, then goes on to show how this framework can be applied to quantitative study. Using a specific time period as a case study, Asada questions whether or t health equity improved in the United States between 1990 and 1995. She suggests that the question of whether, and by how much, health inequity changed in the United States is dependent on the morality and accompanying empirical strategy used in the analysis. A unique blend of philosophy and quantitative research, Health Inequality will prove a valuable tool for academics and policymakers alike.
- Author BiographyYukiko Asada is an assistant professor in the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology at Dalhousie University.
- Author(s)Yukiko Asada
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight500 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.