All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the relationship between politics and health policy in the UK? How are the interests of the medical profession, civil society and the state weighed and balanced in the making of health policy? Health Policy and Politics offers a sophisticated critical analysis of policy-making in the National Health Service. The team of contributors comprises established academics who have been actively involved in both research and policy-making in this field. They examine the 'macro' level of policy-making at governmental level, and then consider professional institutional relationships and struggles, and interpersonal decision-making and power relations within small organizations and departments. Unique in the variety of perspectives and topics covered, the volume will be required reading for those teaching and studying on a range of courses in health, social care and public policy, and for health professionals within the NHS.
- Author BiographyAlison Hann is Lecturer in Health Economics and Policy Studies at the School of Health Science, University of Wales, Swansea, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAlison Hann
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.