All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScholars and governments recognize the importance of policy development and implementation for population health, but there is a lack of systematic theoretical and conceptual development in the health field to address the issue. Health Promotion and the Policy Process is the first book to take an in-depth look at the theoretical advances in the political sciences, including discussing the significance of political ecomy and sociology, which so far have made little progress in health promotion development. The book argues that focusing on how public policies work makes it possible to move beyond the more behavioural 'health education' approach, and make the transition from political statements to political strategies. The authors draw from a wide array of theories on the policy process in the fields of political science and political sociology to illuminate health promotion strategies and objectives. For example they discuss how Kingdon's Multiple Streams Model, Sabatier's Advocacy-Coalition Framework and policy network theories can contribute to greater health equity, healthy public policies and community development. Through practical and critical tools, research, and experience-based discussion, Health Promotion and the Policy Process discusses how theories can be used to influence, evaluate, orient or implement health promotion interventions and policies. This book will be essential reading for health promoters who want to make a difference by influencing social determinants of health at the policy level including students, public health professionals, researchers, practitioners, decision makers and those concerned with applied policy research.
- Author BiographyEvelyne de Leeuw is Chair of Community Health Systems and Policy at Deakin University, Australia, and the Editor-in-Chief of the Health Promotion International journal. She is globally renown for her research in the area of the WHO Healthy Cities Programme and continues to be senior evaluation advisor to the WHO European Region in this area. Currently she is developing further relations with Australian and Korean Healthy Cities networks and works with WHO on both Healthy Cities and Healthy Islands. Her publications span two decades of urban health development and policy.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCarole Clavier,Evelyne de Leeuw
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.