All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealth Promotion in Canada is a comprehensive profile of the history and future of health promotion in Canada. Now in its third edition, it maintains the critical, sociological, and historical perspective of the previous two editions and adds a greater focus on health promotion practice.Thoroughly updated and reorganized, the book w contains 18 chapters by prominent academics, researchers, and practitioners. The authors cover a broad range of topics, including key theories and concepts in health promotion; ecological approaches; Aboriginal approaches; health inequalities; reflexive practice; ethics; issues, populations, and settings as entry points for intervention; and the Canadian health promotion experience in a global context. Each chapter concludes with thought-provoking discussion questions and carefully chosen resources for further study, making this an ideal text for courses in health sciences, nursing, and related disciplines.
- Author BiographyIrving Rootman has been working in the field of health promotion in government and academia for more than 30 years as a researcher, research manager, program manager, educator, and author. Sophie DupA(c)rA(c) is a professor in the FacultA(c) des sciences infirmiAres at UniversitA(c) Laval. She has been involved in the field of health promotion in Canada and internationally for the last 15 years working as a nurse, consultant, researcher, and activist. Ann Pederson is the Director of Population Health Promotion at BC Womens Hospital and Health Centre. She worked for over 17 years at the British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Womens Health and is currently completing a doctorate at the University of British Columbia in sex, gender, and health promotion. Michel O'Neill has worked in health promotion in a variety of positions locally, nationally, and globally since 1974, including 30 years at the FacultA(c) des sciences infirmiAres at UniversitA(c) Laval where he has been named Professor Emeritus.
- PublisherBrown Bear Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBrown Bear Press
- Content Note23 b/w illus & 3 tables
- Weight616 g
- Width171 mm
- Height247 mm
- Edited byAnn Pederson,Irving Rootman,Michel O'Neill,Sophie Dupere
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.