All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealth Promotion in Midwifery explores the principles of health promotion within the practical context of midwifery. It clearly outlines and discusses the midwife's role in health promotion, linking theory and practice. The third edition of this evidence-based text covers essential topics such as breastfeeding, smoking, mental health, behaviour change and sexual health promotion and includes new chapters on healthy eating in pregnancy, pelvic floor health during the childbearing years and violence against women. All the chapters are updated and some are completely rewritten to reflect recent changes and developments in midwifery practice. Text boxes make the text accessible and user-friendly, and case studies and summaries put the material in practical context. Additional readings encourage readers to further research and reflection on their own practice. This textbook is essential reading for midwives and health visitors in education and practice.
- Author BiographyJan Bowden is the Midwifery Programme Lead at King's College London, UK. Vicky Manning is a Midwifery Lecturer at King's College London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byJan Bowden,Vicky Manning
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.