Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionHealth Promotion in Nursing, 2nd edition, offers a unique holistic viewpoint on the importance of achieving and maintaining health and wellness at all stages of life. It begins with an overview of health promotion concepts, nursing theories, and life span considerations. Organized within a biological, psychological, social, and environmental framework, Health Promotion in Nursing examines all aspects of health & wellness, focusing on the community and individual. This second edition also devotes attention to techlogy and its influence on health and wellness. Fundamental areas of health promotion such as nutrition, physical fitness, weight control, cultural sensitivity, and avoidance of substance abuse are covered in depth. Health promotion nursing strategies are highlighted as appropriate in the care of individuals, communities, and groups.
- Author BiographyCarolina G. Huerta EdD, MSN, RN Professor & Chair, The University of Texas-Pan American, 1201 West University Drive, Edinburg, Texas 78539 Teach in both the BSN and masers programs. Assignment includes teaching Health Promotion and Maintenance Across the Lifespan; Wellness; Professional Mobility; Research in Nursing. Nursing focus is education. Janice A. Maville, EdD, MSN, RN Professor, The University of Texas-Pan American (UTPA), 1201 West University Dr., Edinburg, Texas 78539 Teach master?s level nursing courses including Advanced Health Assessment, Health Promotion, Research in Nursing, Health Policy and Finance, Advanced Adult Health, and role courses for CNS, Administrator, and Educator. Interim Department Chair for the Communication Sciences and Disorders Program, UTPA.Responsible for administration of the department Clinical Nurse Specialist in Medical-Surgical Nursing as recognized by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Author(s)Carolina G. Huerta,Janice Maville
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.