All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the first edition was published in 1986, this text has helped thousands of college students learn how to maintain their health and guard against illness. The goal of Health Psychology has always been to make research accessible in a way that integrates theory with practical applications so that people can lead healthier lives. The importance of social relationships, health behaviors, and co-management of health and illness are themes that are woven throughout the text. Instructors and students can w access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect[registered] is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following: SmartBook[registered] - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content; access to your instructor's homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, tes, reminders, and other important files for the course; progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement; and, the option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book.
- Author BiographyShelley E. Taylor is professor of psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles. She received her Ph.D. in social psychology from Yale University. Her research interests are in health psychology, especially the factors that promote long-term psychological adjustment, and in social cognition. In the former capacity, she is the co-director of the Health Psychology program at UCLA. Professor Taylor is the recipient of a number of awards-most notably, the American Psychological Association's Distinguished Scientific Contribution to Psychology Award, a 10-year Research Scientist Development Award from the National Institute of Mental Health, and an Outstanding Scientific Contribution Award in Health Psychology. She is the author of more than 200 publications in journals and books and is the author of Social Cognition and Positive Illusions.
- Author(s)Shelley E. Taylor
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight963 g
- Width205 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.