All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor research to be effective, it is essential that every aspect of the study is well planned. Health Science Research has been written to help researchers from all disciplines conduct their studies with this kind of integrity. Each chapter covers a specific area fo conducting a study, including: - formulating the research question - preparing a grant application - subject recruitment - data collection and analysis - interpreting the results of the study This informative text is designed to be a user friendly research, reference and study tool. It has been organised into eight chapters, each of which covers a specific area of conducting a research study. This book will be of particular value to scientists, research assistants, qualified or trainee physicians, nurses and allied health workers. The book will also be an essential companion for students in all disciplines who want to learn more about how to do good research.
- Author BiographyContributions to research Dr Peat has made a number of valuable contributions to research including: * During her PhD studies, a fruitful collaboration with Dr Euan Tovey led to ground-breaking research into the link between allergen exposure and asthma in children * Dr Peat Identified the major risk factors for asthma, which culminated in the establishment of the Childhood Asthma Prevention Study (CAPS) in 1997, an internationally significant, randomised controlled trial, to test methods of asthma prevention in early childhood Career highlights As a senior researcher, Dr Peat was responsible for managing the epidemiology team at the Woolcock Institute for Medical Research. In 1996, Dr Peat became the Hospital Statistician at Westmead Children's Hospital. In 2000, she became an Associate Professor in the School of Paediatrics and Child Health of the University of Sydney. Dr Peat then worked part-time as Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Public Health, the Centre for Health Service Delivery and the Centre for Obesity Research at the University of Wollongong. Since 2004 has been an Adjunct Professor with the School of Paediatric Exercise Science at the Australian Catholic University NSW. She is also a consultant statistician with the Sydney Children's Clinical Trials Centre at Sydney Children's Hospital, the Department of Psychological Medicine at the Children's Hospital at Westmead, and the Research Office at Concord Repatriation General Hospital.
- Author(s)Jennifer Peat
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2001
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.