Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) has been regarded as a role model for the implementation of cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA), and is being closely watched by health care policy makers across the globe. This book examines Britain's highly acclaimed approach to CEA and its international potential. It dissects the robustness of the agency's techlogy appraisal processes as NICE evaluates invative methods for diagsis and intervention. Coverage provides a step-by-step explanation of the NICE appraisal process and examines its successes and limitations.
- Author BiographyMichael Schlander is founder and chairman of the independent Institute for Innovation & Valuation in Health Care (InnoValHC), a non-profit, non-partisan scientific organization dedicated to research related to the utilization, effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of health care, with particular emphasis on novel approaches of service provision. He teaches health economics and innovation management at the University of Duisburg-Essen (Faculty of Medicine, since 2005) and at the University of Applied Economic Sciences Ludwigshafen, Germany (since 2002). Prior to his university appointment, he spent fifteen years in senior positions with international pharmaceutical companies in Germany, Belgium, and the United States, and six years in experimental brain research and clinical neurology at German universities.
- Author(s)Michael Schlander
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleInnovation and Valuation in Health Care
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white tables, biography
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.