All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealth, Wellbeing and Environment in Aotearoa New Zealand provides students and with a sound introduction to the concepts of health and wellbeing within the New Zealand environment. The book is informed by current issues and debate, examines the cultural, political, social and environmental contexts of health, and is written to foster critical thinking and analysis. Key Features: Engaging and accessible writing style to suit undergraduate readership Case studies provide examples of cross-disciplinary interactions that illustrate the content of the chapter, and give a focus for class, tutorial or group discussion and debate. Lenses and critical questions encourage insight into and critique of health and disability, professional practice and environmental issues within the context of Aotearoa New Zealand. They provide frameworks for reflection, review and debate.
- Author BiographySusan Shaw is Associate Dean (Undergraduate) and a director of the National Centre for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice (NCIPECP) within the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences at AUT. Her research interests include quality education and clinical practice along with the responses of patients and health professionals towards experiences of chronic illness and disability. Her doctorate explored chronic pain in nursing education. W. Lindsey White is Head of the School of Interprofessional Health Studies at AUT University. Dr White's research interests are in seaweed utilisation, both by humans and by marine herbivores. Bron Deed is a psychodynamically trained registered psychotherapist in private practice, with a particular interest in the field of trauma. She has a background in healthcare and education, and her current area of professional development is in grief and palliative care.
- Author(s)Bron Deed,Lindsey White,Susan Shaw
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.