All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionHealth and Education in Early Childhood presents conceptual issues, research findings, and program and policy implications in promoting well-being in health and education in the first five years of life. Leading researchers in the multidisciplinary fields of early learning and human capital formation explore the themes of the integration of health and education in promoting young children's well-being; the timing of influences on child development; and the focus on multiple levels of strategies to promote healthy early development. Through this, a unique framework is provided to better understand how early childhood health and education predictors and interventions contribute to well-being at individual, family community, and societal levels and to policy development. Key topics addressed in the chapters include nutritional status, parenting, cognitive development and school readiness, conduct problems and antisocial behavior, obesity, and well-being in later childhood and adulthood.
- Author BiographyArthur J. Reynolds is a professor in the Institute of Child Development, and Co-Director of the Human Capital Research Collaborative at the University of Minnesota. Arthur J. Rolnick is a Senior Fellow at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs, and Co-Director of the Human Capital Research Collaborative at the University of Minnesota. Judy A. Temple is an associate professor in the Humphrey School of Public Affairs and the Department of Applied Economics at the University of Minnesota.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 30 tables
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byArthur J. Reynolds,Arthur J. Rolnick,Judy A. Temple
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.