All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the nature of health and health-care experiences in Russia by comparing societies and communities with different socio-cultural conditions. The unique use of longitudinal data collected over ten years, allows the authors to address key questions on Russians individual experiences of health care and their understanding of its influencing factors. They explore the methods of self treatment and illness prevention in combination with the effects poverty and treatment availability can have on the standards of living for the people surveyed. This pertinent issue follows a time of rapidly worsening health status amongst the Russian population and a grave decline in male life expectancy. The findings are set within the context of experience from Finland and the UK, allowing the authors to explore the challenge of the Russian health-care crisis to Western European models of health status and health care.
- Author BiographyNick Manning is Professor of Social Policy and Sociology at the University of Nottingham, UK. Nataliya Tikhonova is Professor at the Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia. They are the editors of two companion volumes: Poverty and Social Exclusion in the New Russia (2004) and (with Ovsey Shkaratan) Work and Welfare in the New Russia (2000).
- Author(s)Nataliya Tikhonova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 70 tables & 11 figures
- Weight750 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNick Manning
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.