Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in The SAGE Reference Series on Disability explores health and medical issues for people with disabilities. It is one of eight volumes in the cross-disciplinary and issues-based series, which incorporates links from varied fields making up Disability Studies as volumes examine topics central to the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families. With a balance of history, theory, research, and application, specialists set out the findings and implications of research and practice for others whose current or future work involves the care and/or study of those with disabilities, as well as for the disabled themselves. The presentational style (concise and engaging) emphasizes accessibility. Taken individually, each volume sets out the fundamentals of the topic it addresses, accompanied by compiled data and statistics, recommended further readings, a guide to organizations and associations, and other antated resources, thus providing the ideal introductory platform and gateway for further study. Taken together, the series represents both a survey of major disability issues and a guide to new directions and trends and contemporary resources in the field as a whole.
- Author BiographyRoss M. Mullner, PhD, MPH, is Associate Professor of Health Policy Administration at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He also serves as Special Assistant to the Director of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services and as Visiting Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Health Systems Management at Rush University. His research interests include health services research, health care marketing, and the history of public health, and he has investigated factors leading to hospital closures, mergers and consolidation of health facilities and management issues. He teaches courses on health services research and on health care marketing, as well as managed care, epidemiology, and health care eonomics. He is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Medical Systems and has served as Guest Editor for several special issues of this journal, as well as for the Journal of Consumer Marketing (a special issue on Pharmaceutical Marketing). In addition to nearly 100 articles, he has written or edited several books and monographs, including Health Care, Technology, and the Competitive Environment.
- Author(s)Ross M. Mullner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.