All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealth research in Canada has mostly focused on urban areas, often overlooking the unique issues faced by Canadians living in rural and remote areas. This volume provides the first comprehensive overview of the state of rural health and health care in Canada. The contributors bring insights and methodologies from multiple disciplines and community-based research projects to a full spectrum of topics: health literacy, rural health-care delivery and training, Aboriginal health, web-based services and their application, rural palliative care, and rural health research and policy. Together, these multifaceted explorations of the dynamic relationship between health and place offer a valuable resource for understanding the special, ever-changing needs of rural communities.
- Author BiographyJudith C. Kulig is a registered nurse and professor within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Lethbridge. Allison M. Williams is a health geographer and a faculty member in the School of Geography and Earth Sciences at McMaster University.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2011
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAllison M. Williams,Judith C. Kulig
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.