Health of Black Americans from Post Reconstruction to Integration, 1871-1960: An Annotated Bibliography of Contemporary Sources by Woodrow Jones, Jr. (Hardback, 1990)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive antated bibliography, the first of its kind, provides lengthy entries on articles dealing with black health published during three time periods from post reconstruction to 1960. The compilers', Mitchell F. Rice and Woodrow Jones, Jr., introduction reviews the literature that composes the bibliography and discusses trends in the mortality, morbidity, and health care utilization behaviors of blacks from slavery to the mid-20th century. This cogent essay places the social context of black health care into perspective and enhances both linkages to the dominant themes of each period and a fuller understanding of the history of health care inequities in the U.S. A companion volume by the same compilers', Black American Health: An Antated Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1987), treats the more recent literature of the 1970s and 1980s. Following the in-depth introduction, the bibliography is divided into three chapters that antate literature from the post reconstruction to the early 20th century, 1871-1919; from 1920 to 1950; and from 1951-1960. Each entry consists of an item number, author, title and source, date of publication, and page numbers as well as an exceptionally thorough and thoughtful antation that averages ten lines in length. Subject and author indexes complete the work which will prove invaluable to students, scholars, and researchers in the fields of black history, medicine, and public health.
- Author BiographyMITCHELL F. RICE is Professor of Public Administration and Political Science at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge. He has written extensively on black and minority health issues and is coeditor of Health Care Issues in Black America (Greenwood Press, 1987) and Contemporary Public Policy Perspectives and Black Americans (Greenwood Press, 1984) and co-compiler of Black American Health: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1987). WOODROW JONES JR. is Professor of Political Science and Associate Dean at Texas A & M University. His writings on the topics of black health have appeared in numerous periodicals, and he is the coeditor and co-compiler with Mitchell F. Rice, of Contemporary Public Policy Perspectives and Black Americans, Health Care Issues in Black America, and Black American Health: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1987).
- Author(s)Jr.,Woodrow Jones
- Date of Publication23/03/1990
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Afro-American & African Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 26.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.