All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionAt the intersection of computer science and healthcare, data analytics has emerged as a promising tool for solving problems across many healthcare-related disciplines. Supplying a comprehensive overview of recent healthcare analytics research, Healthcare Data Analytics provides a clear understanding of the analytical techniques currently available to solve healthcare problems. The book details vel techniques for acquiring, handling, retrieving, and making best use of healthcare data. It analyzes recent developments in healthcare computing and discusses emerging techlogies that can help improve the health and well-being of patients. Written by prominent researchers and experts working in the healthcare domain, the book sheds light on many of the computational challenges in the field of medical informatics. Each chapter in the book is structured as a survey-style article discussing the prominent research issues and the advances made on that research topic. The book is divided into three major categories: *Healthcare Data Sources and Basic Analytics - details the various healthcare data sources and analytical techniques used in the processing and analysis of such data *Advanced Data Analytics for Healthcare - covers advanced analytical methods, including clinical prediction models, temporal pattern mining methods, and visual analytics *Applications and Practical Systems for Healthcare - covers the applications of data analytics to pervasive healthcare, fraud detection, and drug discovery along with systems for medical imaging and decision support Computer scientists are usually t trained in domain-specific medical concepts, whereas medical practitioners and researchers have limited exposure to the data analytics area. The contents of this book will help to bring together these diverse communities by carefully and comprehensively discussing the most relevant contributions from each domain.
- Author BiographyChandan K. Reddy is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Wayne State University. He received his PhD from Cornell University and MS from Michigan State University. His primary research interests are in the areas of data mining and machine learning with applications to healthcare, bioinformatics, and social network analysis. His research is funded by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, Department of Transportation, and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation. He has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles in leading conferences and journals. He received the Best Application Paper Award at the ACM SIGKDD conference in 2010 and was a finalist of the INFORMS Franz Edelman Award Competition in 2011. He is a senior member of IEEE and a life member of ACM. Charu C. Aggarwal is a Distinguished Research Staff Member (DRSM) at the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York. He completed his BS from IIT Kanpur in 1993 and his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1996. He has published more than 250 papers in refereed conferences and journals, and has applied for or been granted more than 80 patents. He is an author or editor of 13 books, including the first comprehensive book on outlier analysis. Because of the commercial value of his patents, he has thrice been designated a Master Inventor at IBM. He is a recipient of an IBM Corporate Award (2003) for his work on bioterrorist threat detection in data streams, a recipient of the IBM Outstanding Innovation Award (2008) for his scientific contributions to privacy technology, a recipient of the IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (2009) for his work on data streams, and a recipient of an IBM Research Division Award (2008) for his contributions to System S. He also received the EDBT 2014 Test of Time Award for his work on condensation-based privacy-preserving data mining. He has served as conference chair and associate editor at many reputed conferences and journals in data mining, general co-chair of the IEEE Big Data Conference (2014), and is editor-in-chief of the ACM SIGKDD Explorations. He is a fellow of the ACM and the IEEE, for contributions to knowledge discovery and data mining algorithms.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note193 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables
- Weight1542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byChandan K. Reddy,Charu C. Aggarwal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.