All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive in scope, this totally revamped edition of a bestseller is the ideal desk reference for anyone tasked with hazard control and safety management in the healthcare industry. Presented in an easy-to-read format, Healthcare Hazard Control and Safety Management, Third Edition examines hazard control and safety management as proactive functions of an organization. Like its popular predecessors, the book supplies a complete overview of hazard control, safety management, compliance, standards, and accreditation in the healthcare industry. This edition includes new information on leadership, performance improvement, risk management, organizational culture, behavioral safety, root cause analysis, and recent OSHA and Joint Commission Emergency Management requirements and regulatory changes. The book illustrates valuable insights and lessons learned by author James T. Tweedy, executive director of the International Board for Certification of Safety Managers. In the text, Mr. Tweedy touches on the key concepts related to safety management that all healthcare leaders need to understand. * Identifies common factors that are often precursors to accidents in the healthcare industry * Examines the latest OSHA and Joint Commission Emergency Management Requirements and Standards * Covers facility safety, patient safety, hazardous substance safety, imaging and radiation safety, infection control and prevention, and fire safety management * Includes references to helpful information from federal agencies, standards organizations, and voluntary associations Outlining a proactive hazard control approach based on leadership involvement, the book identifies the organizational factors that support accident prevention. It also examines organizational dynamics and supplies tips for improving organizational kwledge management. Complete with accompanying checklists and sample management plans that readers can immediately put to use, this text is currently the primary study reference for the Certified Healthcare Safety Professional Examination.
- Author BiographyJames (Jim) T. Tweedy has served as the executive director for the International Board for Certification of Safety Managers (IBFCSM), which is also known as the Board of Certified Hazard Control Management (BCHCM) since 2007. IBFCSM was founded in 1976 and offers the following personal credentials: certified healthcare safety professional (CHSP), certified patient safety officer (CPSO), certified hazard control manager (CHCM), certified healthcare emergency professional (CHSP), certified product safety manager (CPSM), and certified hazard control manager security (CHCM-SEC). James founded TLC Services, a healthcare, hazard control, organizational performance, and educational consulting organization in 1996. He has more than 25 years of experience with expertise in the areas of credentialing, hazard control, healthcare safety, leadership and team development, education, and compliance. He holds an MS in safety management from Central Missouri University and a BS in liberal studies from Excelsior College. He holds master level designations as a CHCM, CPSO, CPSM, CHSP, and certified healthcare emergency professional (CHEP). He also holds a professional membership in the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and is a member of the American Society of Healthcare Engineering (ASHE). Jim is a polished speaker who presents safety-related topics at seminars, conferences, and in the workplace. He taught more than six years at the college level and is an experienced curriculum developer. He has developed and presented original training programs at locations in more than 40 states. He is a recognized leader in the area of healthcare safety and hazard control management.
- Author(s)James T. Tweedy
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 191 black & white tables
- Weight1230 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.